Home Inspection Resources
- EPA – U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- EPA Map of Radon Zones in Alaska
- Learn more about Radon Gas
- Learn more about IAQ (Indoor Air Quality)
- Learn more about Mold
- Learn more about Lead Paint
- Learn more about Asbestos
- Learn more about EIFS – Exterior Insulation and Finishing Systems
- Home Improvement and Maintenance – Mr. Fix it
- Home Buying Website
- Homeowners Network
Download a sample Home Inspection Report provided to you by Home Inspections Plus. The report is based on the condition of the home and will include photos. The inspection covers the exterior, structural components, foundation, crawl space, roof, attic, insulation, ventilation, plumbing, electrical, heating, garage, kitchen, bathrooms and interior.
If you are interested in how long items in a home last, the National Association of Home Builders and Bank of America published a study of the life expectancy of nearly every component in your home. Component Life Expectancy from siding materials to plumbing, flooring to cabinets; roof materials to foundation materials; HVAC components to water heaters and more. The items in the report list averages. Of course, use, maintenance, manufacturing process and environmental factors can all have a significant effect on the useful life of any system or component.